Great client relationships are the key to a successful business. And creating opportunities for clients to get to know you is a necessary component to establishing relationships you can nurture and grow into great ones!
Creating opportunities for clients to get to know you can come in many forms, but perhaps the simplest way is for you to offer a free taste of what it is you do.
This simple technique when done with the right strategy and energy behind it, builds trust and creates connections that ultimately lead to abundant, long-term relationships with your clients.
Remember Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream? They offered a free taste of any of their unique 32 flavors which allowed their customers the opportunity to see if they liked it before they ordered it. By offering customers a free taste, they built trust, creating a loyal customer base and successful business that stood out in the ice cream industry. You too can attract loyal customers and stand out amongst your peers by using that same strategy of offering a free taste of your best stuff.
Imagine if the majority of potential clients you added to your database were already interested in what you did, resonated with how you did it and kept coming back for more. Wouldn’t that set the stage for an increased amount of abundant client relationships? This CAN become your reality by offering a well constructed, thoughtful and robust free taste of the work you do in your business.
Creating Your Free Taste
It’s my belief that you can never give away too much information if what you are sharing is based in service.
That being said, you do need to be strategic about what you share. The information you share in your free taste must tie directly to your core purpose and offerings. It must demonstrate your expertise and provide the client with useful information that introduces them to your wisdom, style and energy.
Just look at the one thing you love doing in your business, the product or service that most represents you and provides your clients with a rich, transformative experience. Now, create an eBook, a special report or a video or audio series that shares this gift. Don’t worry about sharing too much or too little, just focus on being of service and providing clients with a transformative experience. I guarantee it will leave them wanting to know more about how they can work with you to experience more!
When you give away your “best stuff”, you allow your Inner Expert to shine as brightly as she can, attracting those individuals who resonate with you at the deepest level, ultimately turning them into engaged, passionate clients and you into a successful business owner.
Here are some simple suggestions to ensure that your potential clients view your free taste as the high quality gem it is. By implementing these simple strategies, you set the stage for creating a lasting impression with those you share it with.
Five Tips for creating an eBook, workbook or special report for your Free Taste:
- Include an exercise or two that you normally do with your clients. This exercise will lead the reader through a transformative experience, build their trust and begin creating the emotional bond.
- Number each page and add headers throughout the content. Page numbering helps the reader keep everything in order if they print it. And, using headers visually breaks up the content making it easier to read.
- Add a Copyright page to your eBook. This establishes credibility with your readers and gives you a place to include a link to your website and invite the reader to share with friends.
- Add a full bio page with a professional headshot and an invitation to work with you. Once again you have an opportunity to make a connection and establish credibility with the reader by providing more information about you and your business. It’s also a great place to provide them with information about the next step to take to work with you.
- Invest in a professionally designed cover that reflects the transformative content inside. This is probably the step that most business owners skip, but the one that can have the most impact with clients. Remember first impressions are everything, so a professional cover design sets the tone for what’s to come. Don’t be afraid to invest in this important and effective tool for attracting and engaging potential clients.